2018 Graduate Certificate – Workplace Instructional Design | Boise State University – Boise, ID
2006 Master of Science – Industrial/Organizational Psychology | Florida International University – Miami, FL
2004 Bachelor of Science – Psychology | University of the West Indies – Kingston, Jamaica
Experience | Learning Technologist
Bisk – Tampa, FL | 04.2018 - Present
•Functional expert on several instructional technologies.
•Quick turnaround for e-learning courses that are in rapid redevelopment.
•Crunch transfer of online courses from one LMS to another.
•Promote facilitators’ seamless transitions from one learning system to another.
• Train subject matter experts on various learning tools.
• Collaborate with subject matter experts to update course structure and upload course content.
• Design and develop a variety of training courses.
• Design and produce job aids.
• Troubleshoot technical problems in live courses.
• Demonstrate the features of new and existing technologies.
• Provide consult to others regarding the use of new and existing technologies.
• Test courses for instructional integrity and functionality.
• Facilitate live learning sessions.
• LMS: Canvas; BISK (Proprietary).
Experience | Technology Tool Specialist [Instructional Designer]
Florida International University – Miami, FL | 09.2016 - 04.2018
•Point person for several instructional technologies used in the College of Business.
•Convinced the Chapman Graduate School to grant students early access to their courses.
•Overhauled the structure and flow of several courses.
•Increased student engagement in courses.
oDesigned activities that require multi-modal engagement both collaboratively and independently | Implemented multimedia applications in courses.
•Reduced student frustration when interfacing with courses.
oCourse redesigns | Created user guides and performance aids for faculty and students.
• Worked with SMEs to concept map, storyboard, and design and develop course content.
• Designed learning activities that require multi-modal engagement: text, audio, audio/visual.
• Created/built out the designed online course content within various learning management systems.
• Worked with SMEs to review, revise and update course content.
• Troubleshoot technical issues as they present in live courses.
• Pre-assessment question analysis and post-assessment item analysis.
• Assisted in designing adaptive learning strategies to personalize learning experiences. • Trained faculty on how to use the LMS as well as specific integrated learning tools.
• Created user guides and performance aids.
• LMS: BlackBoard; Canvas.
Experience | Intern Instructional Designer
Impactly / LearnerNation – Miami, FL (Remote) | 04.2016 - 07.2016
•Produced engaging online courses.
•Streamlined learning content.
•Designed and developed multi-modal course experiences.
•Built formative and summative assessments for business-focused courses.
Experience | Instructor & Department Chairperson
Somerset Academy – Broward County, FL | 08.2006 - 08.2016
•Created plans, units, materials, and scripts for substitutes to facilitate while teachers of record were on extended absences.
•Designed and developed learning materials.
•Implemented research-based instructional activities that promote engaging learning experiences.
•Collaborated with peers for a more cohesive and streamlined instructional content.
•Designed and constructed various assessments to test knowledge and skill levels.
•Monitored students’ progress on competencies and skills via data interpretation.
•Directed instructional, curriculum, and department meetings.
•Developed a Teaching Writing Guide training handbook for tutors; tutors used the handbook to guide their writing instruction.
•Provided support and troubleshooting for web-based reading practice program.
Experience | Online English\Language Arts Instructor
Edgenuity, Inc – Scottsdale, AZ (Remote) | Contractor: 02.2015 - 10.2015 & Employee: 10.2015 - 02.2016
•Direct & monitor student academic progress and course pacing via proprietary LMS and SIS.
•Oral & written communication with students, parents and co-workers.